Social-Emotional Learning during the School District closure:
The Pixel Counselor - Social-Emotional Learning through Books!
Home Links are simple, fun activities that encourage interaction between students and their adult family members, caregivers, or other important adults. The activities give students a chance to practice Second Step skills outside of school and help families learn about the skills so they can use them at home.
- Kindergarten Home Links (English) (Spanish)
- 1st Grade Home Links (English) (Spanish)
- 2nd Grade Home Links (English) (Spanish)
- 3rd Grade Home Links (English) (Spanish)
- 4th Grade Home Links (English) (Spanish)
- 5th Grade Home Links (English) (Spanish)
MindUP has a variety of video resources to support students in learning the language of emotions and to use their words to express how they're feeling. This is a curriculum within the Achieve program but is open to all.
- Select a video and practice the skill. After watching the video your student can reflect (talk, write, draw) on the skills and share times they might use it to help them.
- Depending on your student’s needs they can engage in this activity once a week to daily for 15-30 minutes
Watch a Mind Up video and practice a skill. Videos must be watched on a personal device since student devices filter Vimeo.
- Family Podcast:
- The Imagine Neighborhood - An interactive podcast for everyone in the family, kids and adults, to explore different feelings we all have!
- Family Resources for Teaching Resilience:
- PBS Family Activity