8th Grade Research
Big 6 Research Question
What materials should you use to design a new water bottle for rock climbers?
These materials should be environmentally friendly, puncture resistant, light weight, and as cost effective as possible.
Remember to follow our Big 6 Steps:
(Created by Mike Eisenberg and Bob Berkowitz)
Step 1 Task Definition
Step 2 Information Seeking Strategies
Step 3 Location and Access
Step 4 Use of Information
Step 5 Synthesis
Step 6 Evaluation
Evaluate The Resources You are Using!
When researching online resources:
- Be critical and careful.
- Use teacher recommended sites
- Look at URL ending .com, .edu, .gov, .org
- Ask "who wrote it?"
- Discover what the web site is all about
- Determine when and where the information came from.
- Explore why you should use the information on this web site.
Look at these websites and decide if they are credible. Make sure to use your Big 6 pamphlet and checklist to determine their use.
Make sure to use the skills and tips we learned to do a thorough search online. Take a look at these examples of resources:
Making Water Bottles/Materials Used
Rock Climbers and Gear