Schedule Change Policy
» Student schedules reflect what the student requested during spring course selection. If it does not, please make a schedule change request by emailing your grade level Counselor using the tile on the "Meet the Gateway Counselors" page.
» Schedule change requests will only be accepted during the first 5 school days of a semester. School counselors will have an additional 5 school days to process and make changes, if approved.
Allowed schedule change considerations:
- You are not scheduled into a core class (ELA, Math, Science, History, or Fitness).
- You failed a prerequisite course and need to retake the course.
- You would like to move from the advanced class to the grade level class in ELA or Math.
We do not consider schedule change requests based on:
- a student's teacher preferences, class period, or lunch period.
- teacher personality differences, teaching styles, or a student's learning style.
- a student's friends and whether or not they have classes together.
If a student has a concern about a specific teacher, they need to meet with the teacher, school counselor and/or administration to work toward a resolution.