8th Grade Math Class Information
Homework PolicyStudents need to make up any missed work. I believe homework is the time to practice the concepts from class, make mistakes and learn from those mistakes. My homework score is 4 if it is done and 0 if it is not done. Students do not turn in homework. We correct in class. Expectation is that they are fixing all errors and asking questions on the problems they struggled with the night before. If they are working on homework at home and do not know where to start, they can write a question that they ask the next day in class and I will count this as a complete assignment. Missing assignments can be completed for full credit
- I see a direct correlation between students completing practice work on time and their success on assessments.
- I cannot stress enough the importance of keeping up with work and getting help right away
Procedure for missing homework:
- Complete assignment
- Arrange to come in at lunch or after school to use my answer keys to correct/fix all problems
- Show assignment to me – when the assignment has 100% correct answers I will give them credit for the assignment.
Students have one additional day for every day they are absent to make up missed assignments. It is the student's responsibility to find out what assignments they have missed after an absence. I post this information on the assignment board in the classroom and on Canvas.
When you return to class:
- Check on my class website.
- Write down everything that you do not have in your composition book: Cornell notes, assignments, etc.
- Get the work you have missed out of the bin in the back of the room or online.
Grading Category PercentagesAssessments - 90% of your gradeQuizzzes and Cool Downs - 20% of your grade
Homework - 10% of your grade
Students my re-take a test if all the homework assignments have been turned in the day of the test. They will also need to redo the review worksheet and go over it with me.Grading ScalePercentage based scale:A = 93-100A- = 90-92B+ = 87-89B = 83-86B- = 80-82C+ = 77-79C = 73-76C- = 70-72D+ = 67-69D = 60-66F = 0-59Students earning below and 75% on a test/quiz should ask for help and retake the test/quiz.Overall Grade in LMS is based on the following scale.A= 3.6 - 4.0
B+ = 3.5
B = 3.0 - 3.4C+ = 2.5 - 2.9
C = 2.0 - 2.4D+ = 1.5 - 1.9D = 1 - 1.4
F= 0 - 0.9