Algebra Class Information
Online Pearson TextbookHomework PolicyStudents need to make up any missed work. I believe homework is the time to practice the concepts from class, make mistakes and learn from those mistakes. My homework score is 100 if it is done and 0 if it is not done. Students do not turn in homework. We correct in class. Expectation is that they are fixing all errors and asking questions on the problems they struggled with the night before. If they are working on homework at home and do not know where to start, they can write a question that they ask the next day in class and I will count this as a complete assignment. Missing assignments can be completed for full credit.
- I see a direct correlation between students completing practice work on time and their success on assessments.
- I cannot stress enough the importance of keeping up with work and getting help right away!
Procedure for missing homework:
- Complete assignment
- Arrange to come in at lunch or after school to use my answer keys to correct/fix all problems
- Show assignment to me – when the assignment has 100% correct answers I will give them credit for the assignment.
Students have one additional day for every day they are absent to make up missed assignments. It is the student's responsibility to find out what assignments they have missed after an absence. I post this information on the assignment board in the classroom and on my web page.
When you return to class:
- Check Canvas.
- Write down everything that you do not have in your composition book: Cornell notes, assignments, etc.
- Get the work you have missed out of the bin in the back of the room or online.
Grading Category PercentagesAssessments - 70% of your gradeQuizzes/Cool Downs - 20%
Homework - 10% of your grade
Students may retake a test if they have completed all homework assignments prior to the test day. They also need to redo the review packet and check it with me.Grading ScalePercentage based scale:A = 93-100A- = 90-92B+ = 87-89B = 83-86B- = 80-82C+ = 77-79C = 73-76C- = 70-72D+ = 67-69D = 60-66F = 0-59Students earning below and 80% on a test/quiz should ask for help and retake the test/quiz.