REMOTE LEARNING UPDATE
PLEASE NOTE: I have transitioned to using Canvas as our primary 7th Grade ELA source of communication. Please refer to Canvas for all announcements and assignment information. You can access Canvas via the Quick Links on the right. Once in Canvas, you will be directed to resources such as Scope, Google Classroom, Padlet, and others.
While our remote learning curriclum is evolving, here is an outline of our current weekly structure:
- Monday - New Zinc Reading sprint posted (access via SpringBoard)
- Tuesday - New Scope reading/writing assignment posted (access via Google Classroom)
- Wednesday - "Would You Rather" journal writing prompt posted (access via Google Classroom)
- Thursday - "Take-off Thursday" journal writing prompt posted (access via Google Classroom)
- Friday - "Freewrite Friday" journal writing prompt posted (access via Google Classroom)
- Ongoing - SSR reading program (students read books of their choice and log pages in their SSR logs; check-in every two weeks)
Thank you, Kimberly
Welcome to our seventh grade ELA classroom. I'm Kimberly Lien, and I teach three sections of ELA (a two-period course focusing on reading, writing, speaking and listening skills). I'm a graduate of the University of Washington and earned my teaching credentials through Central Washington University. This is my twenty-ninth year teaching middle school, and I've enjoyed being a part of our Heatherwood staff for nineteen years.
I look forward to an outstanding year working with you!