Welcome to Intro to Art! This is a semester course. You will explore the areas of Art History, Aesthetics, Art Criticism, and Art Production. These areas overlap with the Everett school district goals in art that emphasize the Creative Process, Composition, Communication, and Craftsmanship and Technique. In this class you will have an opportunity to develop and refine basic skills in drawing, painting, printmaking, and 3d form building while learning about elements and principles of art. Variety of art materials will be used for each project creation.
Learning Objectives for Introduction to Art:
- Learn the language and vocabulary of the visual arts to communicate effectively about an artwork and its aesthetic qualities.
- Adjust, manipulate, control the use of elements and principles of design in a variety of artworks in a meaningful way.
- Acquire basic skills in drawing, both from observation and from imagination.
- Apply a creative process to the visual arts.
- Apply a presentation or performance process to the arts.
- Apply a responding process to visual arts.
- Express feeling and or present ideas through visual artwork.
- Create visual art for a specific purpose.
- Synthesize and relate knowledge and personal experiences to make art.
- Relate artistic ideas and works with societal, cultural, and historical context to deepen understanding.