Dear Students and Families,
As we move through the coming weeks of school closure, I hope that this message meets you in good health and that you've been able to spend some quality time with your loved ones. The most important message that our students can hear right now is that we need to stay together as families, as a community, and as a society. School is a safe and consistent place for so many of our students, and I promise you that it is painful for teachers, admin, and our District to keep school doors closed. The best we can do right now is stay connected in an online world. I will do my absolute best to be consistent with your children in the capacity that I am currently able.
I wish everyone the best and can not wait for my classroom door to be open again.
- District updates: follow updates on our school closure through the EPS main home page: https://www.everettsd.org/.
COMMUNICATION PLATFORM FOR MY AVID CLASSES
For MYAVID classes, all students in attendance were prepped Wednesday, March 11, thru Friday, March 13 that we will primarily be communicating using the following:
- #1: Announcements page on Google Classroom. *All work will be done using Google Products (Docs; Sheets; Slides; etc)
- #2: District e-mail (student outlook account)
- #3: Remind: text-based reminder app.
- Supplemental communication platforms: Padlet, Flipgrid, Nearpod, Zoom, and Screencastify (among others)
- The gradebook is SHUTDOWN--as of right now, teachers may only grade anything that was assigned prior to the school closure; teachers can't grade new "work" over the closure period and anything completed will not transfer into the grade book after the closure. If you have questions about this, please e-mail Mr. Balla: Lballa@everettsd.org
- No NEW learning--this means that teacher will NOT be assigning work that students must "teach" themselves--we are not simulating classroom learning; think more review and enrichment on information already learned.
Byron Lewellen 425-385-4400