To earn a diploma, students in the classes of 2017 and beyond are required to meet standard on the English Language Arts Smarter Balanced Assessment, Math Smarter Balanced Assessment or Exit Exam, and Biology End Of Course Exam. For additional information, visit http://www.k12.wa.us/assessment/StateTesting.
Smarter Balanced and End of Course Assessments
The Smarter Balanced English Language Arts (ELA) and Math Assessments are administered online. These assessments adapt to student’s ability, giving teachers and parents better information to help students succeed. Students who meet standard on the SBA with a Level 3 or 4 are considered College and Career Ready, and may be placed directly into credit-bearing courses at Washington State colleges and universities.
- Students assigned the ELA SBA include all sophomores, juniors that have not met College and Career Readiness standards and seniors who have not met graduation requirements.
- Students assigned the Math SBA include sophomores in Algebra II or higher math classes, juniors that have not met College and Career Readiness standards and seniors that have not met math graduation requirements.
Headsets are required for the online exams. Students are encouraged to bring their own on test days.
The Algebra and Geometry Exit Exams and the Biology End of Course exam are paper and pencil tests.
- Students assigned the Algebra and/or Geometry Exit exams include juniors and seniors who have completed the course and have not met math graduation requirements.
- Students assigned the Biology End of Course exam include any student who has completed a Biology class and not met the Biology graduation requirement.
Assessment Test Dates
Everett School District has scheduled 4 dates as Late Arrival options for non testing students. Depending upon course grades, students not assigned to test may be scheduled to attend Academic Tutorial classes. Testing will take place in the Administration (A) Building.
- May 23 and 25 ELA SBA - Late Arrival for non testing, non Academic Tutorial students
- May 31 Math SBA - Late Arrival for non testing, non Academic Tutorial students
- June 6 Algebra Exit Exam - No Late Arrival
- June 7 Geometry Exit Exam - No Late Arrival
- June 8 Biology EOC - Late Arrival for non testing, non Academic Tutorial students
Late Arrival Bus Information
School buses will run on regular routes and provide TWO pickup times: the regularly scheduled time for students assigned an Exam and Academic Tutorials, and a 3 hour late pickup for Late Arrival students.
For additional questions about assessment graduation requirements or Everett High School's spring testing schedule, please email Anne LaRue at email@example.com or call 425.385.4487.