AVID Elective at Heatherwood
AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination. AVID is a year-long elective for 7th and 8th grade students.
Who is an AVID student?
- They typically pass all their classes, or better.
- They are from populations that are underrepresented on college campuses, have low household income, or are first generation college-going students.
- They earn level 3 or 4 on state test scores, meaning they meet standard in Math & ELA.
- They have good academic citizenship, they put in effort each day and have few discipline issues.
- They have career aspirations and are thinking about high school and beyond.