JHS Theatre Society Page
Next Theatre Society Meeting: Monday, May 4th in the Commons
24 Hour Play Festival Info
Let's start planning! The event is on Saturday, May 16th
- Here is the stage manager application (ignore everything at the top about which show you'd like to stage manage. This is just for 24 hour).
- Here is the director application
*Email your application to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, April 13th
IF you want to write a script, email me a one page outline by Monday, April 27th at 7:00 am. Outlines should have character descriptions and bullet points of what happens.
Things to keep in mind when writing an outline:
- You want at least 8 characters.
- You want a good amount of characters that can be flexible in terms of gender. Everyone who signs up to act gets to act!
- You get a limited number of light and sound cues.
- Shows with lots of transitions are tough and can get bogged down. Keep the show in one or two locations.
- We want each show to be about 8-12 minutes.
- You can submit more than one outline, but only one can be chosen.
- You're writing something for a high school show. Keep it school appropriate!
- You want to have fun and be creative. But keep your outline concise and clear. If it seems all over the place or too difficult to produce, it probably won't be chosen.
13 Past Midnight Info:
Show shirt order form: click here
Furniture Needs for the show: click here
Audition Packet: click here
Crew Form: click here
Rehearsal Calendar (updated 12/17): click here
Tech Calendar: click here2019-2020 Stage Managers:Fall Musical: Anne Ransom, Becca Bertrand (ASM)Spring Play: Josh Platte, Brayden James (ASM)2019-2020 Crew Heads:Saint: Jada RasmussenProps: Ella HenricksonHair & Makeup: Priyal Gounder with chosen assistantSound: Ellie ThomsenLights: Michael SandersPublicity: Becca MitchellCostumes: Kira KuhneImprov Club: Meets every Wednesday from 2:15-4:00 in the Drama Room (B110)Want to get important reminders about Theatre Society through text or email?Students Click hereParents Click hereParent/Booster Info:We are always looking for help from parents with the shows. Help can range from building sets to donations for student dinners. If interested, please contact Mr. Marshall.