Students in Grades 10-12 who are in a Jackson High School Spanish III class can receive 5 credits from Everett Community College for our class! :) There is not a difference in class work, only a need to register and possibly pay for the credits. The wonderful news is that there are tuition waivers for up to two 5-credit classes for students who qualify for free and reduced lunch, and also scholarships available for any students based on financial need.
There are multiple steps for registration. Here is the webpage for information:
Spanish III (SPAN& 123) is 5 credits. Enrollment occurs in the fall, and credit is granted at the completion of the school year. Students who only complete one semester will not earn college credit. No partial credit is available.
Enrollment is a 3-Step process and each step has a deadline:
- Step 1: Apply for Admission by Friday, October 12, 2018
- Step 2: Complete Program Application by Monday, November 5, 2018
- Step 3: Registration and Payment ($220) by Monday, November 19, 2018
For withdraw and refund policies visit http://www.everettcc.edu/ccec/college-in-high-school/registration-and-refund-deadlines/
- Students who qualify for free or reduced priced meals may apply for a fee waiver for two classes per year. Students will indicate if they qualify for the fee waiver during Step 2.
- Families who need extra time to make payment can request a payment plan. Visit https://www.everettcc.edu/ccec/college-in-high-school/cost-fees
- We have financial aid applications here at JHS, too. Ask me for a copy. Due to counseling office by Oct. 18.
Please let me know if you have any questions or difficulties, and I will try to help you get answers/solutions. The EVCC College in the High School website is the place to go for information about the program, fees, and transferring credits. It is important to check the transfer policies before purchasing credits. http://www.everettcc.edu/ccec/college-in-high-school
Here is a link for the UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON regarding their World Language graduation requirements.