I can make and break apart teen numbers into ten and some more ones.
I can count to 100.
I can review addition and subtraction.
Daily Teen Flash
Watch one of these videos. Try to count the number of objects as quickly as you can.
Weekly Math Activities:
Math Activity 1: Rolling Teens
Watch this video (Rolling Teens.mp4 ) for directions. You will need some small objects to use as counters, a ten frame, and dice. Don’t have dice at home? Make this one or find one online here: Online Dice. Find a ten frame here (ten frame) or make your own. Don’t forget to record your work. Here is a recording sheet (Ten Frame Recording Sheet.pdf) or make your own.
Math Activity 2: Teen Number Quick Images
Part 1-Watch this video (Quick Images Task.mp4). How many things did you see in each picture in your brain? How did you organize and count that number? Is there another way you could count it?
Part 2-Make your own quick images to show a teen number. How could you show 11? 12? A different teen number? Is there a way to organize it that would help the person looking at it count it faster? Use this program (Number Frames by The Math Learning Center) to make your quick images online, or draw them on a piece of paper. Don’t forget to send a picture to your teacher. Maybe she will even use it the next time she does quick images with your class!
Show me all the great work you have been doing! Take a picture or video of your work and send it to me!
- Bubbles Teen Boom
- Watermelon Teen Boom
- Bubble Gum Teen Boom
- Here are some links to extra math pages. Choose two colors, and color 10, then switch colors to show 10 and some more.
- Composing and Decomposing To 10.
- Play any of the games we have learned in the last few weeks with the number 10. Don’t forget to write number sentences to go with the game! You can find the recording sheets in the past assignments.
- The Hiding Game
- Shake and Spill
- Addition Bag Video
- Number Bond Roll Video
- Ten Frame Flip
- 10 Frame Race Away
- Addition and Subtraction
- Play any of these games online.
- Add <= 10 Machine
- Word Problems - Add & Subtract within 10 • ABCya!
- Addition and Subtraction Strategies
- Marble Math - Learn Addition with Manipulatives • ABCya!
- First to Five • ABCya!
- Do this scavenger hunt to practice your math facts: