I can make and break apart teen numbers into ten and some more ones.
I can review composing and decomposing numbers to 10.
I can review addition and subtraction.
Daily Math Activities
Weekly Math Activities:
Note: You were sent teen frame number cards through the mail. Please cut those out for use with this week’s games. If you have not received them, you can find a copy here: Ten Frame Memory.pdf
Math Activity 1: Teen Frame Memory
Watch the video Teen Memory.mp4 for directions on how to play. Lay out all your number and teen frame cards face down in front of you. When it is your turn, flip over two cards. If they match, you get to keep them and go again. If they don’t, it is your partner’s turn. Whoever has the most matches at the end is the winner.
Math Activity 2: Building Teen Numbers
Watch the Building Teens Video for directions on how to play. Take all the ten frame cards out of your deck. Flip over a number card. Build a tower that number with blocks, legos, or something else that can be stacked. How many groups of ten did you have? How many ones? (If you don’t have anything that can be stacked at home, play Build it Teen Numbers instead.)
Show your teacher all the great work you have been doing. Take a picture or video of your work and send it to your teacher.
Use your teen number cards to play these games:
- Teen Frame War-Flip over two cards. The greater number wins and that person gets both cards. If you get the same number, flip again.
- Ordering Teens-Take all the ten frame cards out. Mix up the number cards and put them in order as quickly as you can.
- Teen Number Flash-Hold up a number card. Have your child say how many tens and how many ones are in that number. Want to extend it? Have them write the equation (i.e. 10+5=15).
Play some of these games online.
Here are some link to extra math pages.
- Composing and Decomposing To 10
- Play any of the games we have learned in the last few weeks with the number 10. Don’t forget to write number sentences to go with the game! You can find the recording sheets in the past assignments or just record on a seperate sheet of paper.
- The Hiding Game
- Shake and Spill
- Addition Bag Video
- Number Bond Roll Video
- Ten Frame Flip
- 10 Frame Race Away
- Play any of these games online.
- Addition and Subtraction