Fun Phonics Learning Targets:
I can read, write, identify, and make the sound for the letter: Qq
I can read, write, and identify my sight words of the week: little, play, who
Sight Word Practice Game
- Use this fun sight word slide show to practice all your sight words.
- Time yourself. How long did it take you to read them all?
- Keep doing it (and timing yourself) to see how fast you can get.
Read On Your Own
Use this book, The Good Little Pig to do some reading!
- Have someone read to you
- Read it to yourself
- Read it to someone at home (or two)
- Practice retelling the story- what happened? Who were the characters?
- Count all the words you know. Are there any you don’t know? Try to sound them out and read the book on your own!
Sight Word Sentences
- Write 3 sight word sentences using words you know how to spell, and draw a picture that matches each sentence.
Send a picture to your teacher!
Sight Word Pathways
- Make a trail of sight words around the room, around furniture, and into different rooms
- Have your student step on and say each sight word.
Sight Word Songs (little/play/who)
Letter of the Week Songs: Qq