Cross Country Coaches
Head Boys Coach: Eric Hruschka
Born in Arcadia, California, home of the best high school track meet in the world! We moved to Washington when I was two years old and lived in Snohomish County until I graduated from Lynnwood HS in 1984.
I ran my first 5k in 7th grade and finished in less than 19 minutes and knew I had to run but was hooked on soccer. Luckily I had great high school coaches that encouraged me to pursue excellence in distance running and helped guide me through the tough times of high school. By my senior year I knew I should go into coaching and wanted to but was advised by my counselors and teachers that I should look for something that makes more money.
After college, I had the opportunity to come back and coach at my alma mater and learn the art of coaching in a comfortable apprenticeship. I knew then it was not about the money but about doing the things we enjoy doing and being happy every day going to work.
I have been coached by some great coaches in college and high school. I feel I have blended the things the kids liked from most of them with my personality. I try to make running Track and Cross Country fun but always look for ways to teach the athletes in our program the life lessons I learned while participating in sports.
Assistant Coach:Pat Haller
- Grew up in Lynnwood, Washington
- Currently lives in Wallingford, WA
- Two children (Kelsey 10 and Miler 8)
High School Athletics
- Attended Lynnwood High School
- Ran Track 4 years and Cross Country 4 years
- HS PR's: 4:10 for Mile & 9:02 for 3200m
- 5 Time STATE CHAMPION ( 2 x 3200m, 1600m, and 2 x Cross Country)
- Many time WESCO and NW District Champion
- Senior Year HS All-American Track and Cross County