Working during high school can be fun, financially rewarding, and time-consuming. Also, a job is a great way to get experience for your upcoming applications for college/universities, internships, and scholarships, which often ask students about employment information (and volunteer) experience (position, company, dates of employment, and duties/tasks of the position).
Before you accept a job, please...
- Discuss with your parents/guardians if they think you can handle working and going to school.
- Ask yourself if you can handle working and going to school.
- Figure out your transportation arrangements, for example, is the job on the bus route, do you or somebody need to drive you to work?
**To prepare for job interviews and writing a resume (resumè), go to JHS's Career Specialist in the Career Center (in the Library) for assistance. Before your visit you can open sample resumès in Microsoft Word documents (just click "New" and search resume templates).
- After a student is hired by an employer (or hiring supervisor), they will give a student a form required by Washington State. The form is called the Washington State Labor & Industries Parent/School Authorization.
- On this form, the EMPLOYEE (the student), EMPLOYER (job company name), and PARENT sections must be filled out and signed BEFORE GIVING THE FORM TO THE CAREER CENTER. The Career Center is open 7am to 2:30pm, which is when the Career Specialist staff is available.
- After the form is filled out and signed by you (employee), your guardian, and employer, bring the form to JHS's Career Specialist in the Career Center (7AM-2:30PM). The Career Specialist will fill out and sign their section on the form, copy/scan the form, and then give you the form to give your employer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Career Specialist will not sign the form unless Employee, Employer, and Parent/Guardian sections are filled out and signed.
CURRENT & PAST JOBS
Outside Service and Bag Room Staff Positions at Everett Golf and Country Club. Job hours are between 3:00 - 5:00 pm, depending on the weather, and pays $13.50 per hour. They are looking to have 16 year old students start work from March 1. STUDENTS MUST BE 16 YEARS OF AGE.
- To apply, contact Mr. Steve Stensland, Assistant Golf Professional, at email@example.com.
- In your email, introduce yourself by stating your full name and your desire to apply for one of the above positions.
Ecology Youth Corps Summer Job, www.ecology.wa.gove/EYC.
Earn over $1700 this summer! You will work no nights, weekends, and will still have half your summer off. This job will last 16 days, either June 29 - July 23 OR July 27 - August 20, 2020. This position is 80% picking up litter along state freeways, roads, and public lands, 10% recycling, and 10% doing training and educational activities.
If hired you will earn $13.50 per hour and be paid twice a month. You will work 32 hours per week, 7am - 3pm, four days per week. You will have two paid breaks and a 30 minute lunch time. See the link above for more details of job.
Students must be:
- You must be 14 to 17 years old by the first day of employment
- Submit application and reference forms online by April 10, 2020
At www.ecology.wa.gove/EYC go to "Northwest Region" and click the link to submit your application online and learn more about the position. Your crew supervisor will transport the crew to and from the work site. You will need your own transportation to and fro mthe central gathering location. The gathering location will be revealied at the parent/guardian meeting after the crew (student workers) are selected. (Park & Rides and grocery stores near freeways are common gathering locations.) The parent/guardian meeting is one hour and where paperwork is signed.
Videography Position: Moondog Manufacturing is looking for two high school students to work during 2020 summer as a documentary videographer. The project involves working with the off-road Pedicab for elderly and disabled persons. Stay tuned for information about pay, location and work dates, application procedures and deadlines.
NOTE: The meeting for this project will take place during Spring Break (April 6-10), which means hired students need to attend this meeting.
2020 summer workshop and will need a student with interests in videography for this project. I’ve heard through various channels that Jackson High has a student video program. I will be searching for one student who would be available to work (paid summer work) as our documentary videographer. There will be an update meeting/orientation of the current and new students during the spring break. It would be advantageous to include a potential student videographer at this meeting. Could you pass this message along through the proper channels for a student who would be available as a video documentarian for the summer 2020 workshop?
Kirkland Parks & Community Services....Pee Wee Basketball Facility Program Attendants....
https://www.govjobstoday.com/JobAnnouncement.aspx?jid=9999 ** Kirkland Parks and Community Services is hiring Pee Wee Basketball Facility Program Attendants for our 3-6 year old league starting in January 2020. If you have a student 16 years and older looking for a fun part-time job on Saturdays, working with kids and playing sports, then this is a perfect job for them! We are looking for energetic and positive people to make a positive difference in the lives of these kids, no basketball experience necessary! Staff duties include gym setup/take down, referee games, and encourage players to participate and have fun during the games. Games are held at Finn Hill Middle School and shifts will be from 8:30am-2:30pm.
Nov. 2019: West Coast Aquatics (WESTswimteam.com)....Swim Instructors, Swim Coach....https://www.teamunify.com/team/pnswca/page/about-us/employment
Nov. 2019: Mill Creek Retirement Community....Food Servers....To apply, fill in an application at 14905 Bothell Everett Highway, Mill Creek, WA 98012.
October 2019: US Census Bureau....Enumerators.....US Census.jobs....Must be 18 years old to begin work...www.2020census.gov/jobs (great pay, flexible hours, weekly pay, paid training)
May 2019: Skyhawks Sports Camps.....Coaches......https://www.skyhawks.com/page/company/jobs/......
June 2019: Creative Hands Art School....Art Instructor Assistant, Pottery Instructor Assistant, Front Desk/Customer Service....www.creativehandsstudio.net.. or call 425-939-2255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Target, Safeway, Sprouts, McDonald's, Marshalls, The Gap, Hollister, Elevated Sports, Central Market-Mill Creek, Discount Tire Company, Arena Sports, Winco, Portofino, AMC Theaters,
HELPFUL WEBSITES FOR STUDENT JOBS
Jobs on Monster....search for "teen" or "summer teen" jobs
Snagajob Jobs for Teens in Snohomish County
YouthForce Job Search
City of Seattle Jobs for Teens
Alderwood Mall Jobs
Northgate Mall Jobs
Port of Seattle High School Internships