What is an internship?
Internships are experiences like volunteering but with/in more work-like environments, like being in an office, for example, or helping workers do duties that help with their business. Internships are excellent preparation for "real life" and they show leadership, initiative, and a willingness to do with others. Also, internships are perfect to include on your college/university, apprenticeships, and scholarship applications. Internships are common in high school, in college/university, and even after studies as a way to learn about new industires. Some internships are even paid internships, which mean they are jobs.
To prepare for internships (and job) interviews, read and practice Interview Questions & Preparation. If you need a resume or cover letter to apply for an internship, go to JHS Career Center's Employment/Jobs webpage.
- Chegg Internships: https://www.internships.com/high-school/washington
- Summer Planning Academy (SPA): Apply Now
- Apply by May 15 and must be 15 years old at start of SPA program. Successful completion can lead to a $500 scholarship. Location Address: (1011 Western Ave, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98104)
- Are you curious about how cities grow, change, and develop? Have you ever wondered how governments decide where train lines go? Do you have ideas about how to make our communities better places for everyone?
- Join SPA, a free internship program. Summer Planning Academy.
- Week 1: July 21, 10am-3pm; Week 2: July 28, 10am-3pm; Week 3: August 4, 10am-3pm; Week 4: August 11, 10am-3pm
- EVERETT CAREER LINK - SUMMER PROGRAMS - EVERETT PUBLIC SCHOOLS and CITY OF EVERETT
Find your passion and create your future by exploring career options in various fields, gain work experience and skills, meet a mentor for references for future jobs, and boost your resume and college & scholarship applications. Apply HERE for Summer Exploration Program, Summer Mentorship Program, or Summer Internship Program .
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, High School Explorers Program - 10-11 Graders
Join us for a free, fun, two-week introduction to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center (Fred Hutch) and the research being conducted here. Fred Hutch has an international reputation for its pioneering research in bone marrow and stem cell transplantation and other immune-based cancer therapies. We are also well-known for our work in many other areas of biomedical research, including cancer prevention, public health, epidemiology, and biostatistics. Participants will conduct hands-on activities in Fred Hutch's training labs, tour working labs, meet students and scientists at different stages of their careers, and talk about next steps you can take if you are interested in biomedical research.
- APPLY HERE - participants receive $500 upon program completion. Transportation and lunch not provided.
- Biotechnology Summer Camps at Shoreline Community College - Upcoming summer 2023
- Seattle Children's Nurse Camp, July 17-21 - Application Due April 7, 2023
- Students must be 16 years of age by July 17. Nurse Camp.open to next year juniors and seniors in 2023-2024 school year
- Students highly recommended to use Application Guide to fill out online application above
- 9 am - 3 pm, lunch provided, students must attend entire camp without missing a day
- Paid (remote) Internship ($25 per hour) at Washington State Board of Education - Due Nov. 22, 2022
Are you a student storyteller, passionate social media user, writer, and creative person? Washington State Board of Education is looking for two interns to help spice up messaging and collect data and public feedback for the Director of Communications.
Details and application process are at https://sbe.wa.gov/about-us/sbe-student-communicators. Students interested in communications, journalism, marketing, videography, etc, are especially invited to apply with a resume and cover letter. Feel free to submit videos, graphics, or anything else that might show you are the right fit.
- Bank of America Student Leaders Program: Paid Internship plus weeklong summer Washington D.C. Student Leaders Summit - Apply by Jan. 13, 2023
To become a Student Leader, you must:
• Currently be a junior or senior in high school
• Live in one of the eligible counties (King, Snohomish, and Pierce County)
• Be able to participate in an 8‐week paid summer internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization and work 35 hours a week
• Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2023
• Be able to participate in a week‐long Student Leadership Summit in Washington, DC - All expenses paid as part of Student Leaders. This week will be part of your 8‐ week experience.
• Be a student in good standing at your school
- BOEING MANUFACTURING INTERNSHIPS - APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH FEBRUARY 6, 2023
High School Core Plus Aerospace Manufacturing Internship
- A paid, part-time program designed for, high school students and recent graduates.
- Program includes hands-on training that builds mechanical assembly, electrical installation, quality, problem solving and employability skills
- Locations: On-site at either Everett, Renton or Auburn
- Dates: July 6th to August 4th
- Age Requirement: Students must by 16 years old by the start of the program
Community & Technical College Manufacturing Internship
- Paid, full-time programs designed for students enrolled in a partnered community or technical college or graduates of a Boeing partnered High School / Skill Center program.
- Applicants should have skills and knowledge that align to their intended specialization.
- These programs will build skills through training and job shadowing with Boeing employees.
- Specializations available: Mechatronics, HVAC, Electrician, Tooling, Machine Operator, Quality Inspector
- Summer (June 29th to August 25th) - ALL Specializations
- Winter (Jan 20th to March 16th) - Mechatronics ONLY
- Spring (April 14 to June 9th) - Mechatronics ONLY
- Age Requirement: Students must be 18 years old by the start of the program they are applying for