JHS's Career Center is open 7am-2:30pm. Contact Deron Dahlke (Mr. Dahlke), Career Specialist, if you need help (Email is firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 425-385-7028, leave a message, if needed.)
BEFORE GETTING A JOB:
To apply for a job you typically need a resume and a cover letter. A resume outlines your experience and a cover letter introduces yourself to the place looking for a worker and briefly explains why you are qualified and interested in the position.
- Meet with the Career Center for help with these things.
- A typical and easy resume is here.
- A cover letter sample is here.
GETTING A JOB PROCEDURE:
1. After getting hired, get a work form from the business, which is required by Washington State. Form: Washington State Labor & Industries Parent/School Authorization
2. Fill out and sign the form (EMPLOYEE, the student; EMPLOYER, hiring supervisor; PARENT sections) BEFORE GIVING THE FORM TO THE CAREER CENTER. Please send the completed form via email (Adobe pdf or picture jpg format) or in the Career Center.
3. The Career Specialist will fill out and sign the form, and then give the student the form via email or in person. The student then gives the form to the employer. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Career Specialist will not sign the form unless Employee, Employer, and Parent/Guardian sections are filled out and signed.
WORKING DURING HIGH SCHOOL
Working during high school can be fun, financially rewarding, and time-consuming. Also, a job is a great way to get experience for your upcoming applications for college/universities, internships, and scholarships, which often ask students about employment information (and volunteer) experience (position, company, dates of employment, and duties/tasks of the position).
Before you accept a job, please...
- Discuss with your parents/guardians if they think you can handle working and going to school.
- Ask yourself if you can handle working and going to school.
- Figure out your transportation arrangements, for example, is the job on the bus route, do you or somebody need to drive you to work?
**To prepare for job interviews and writing a resume (resumè), contact JHS's Career Specialist in the Career Center (in the Library or at email@example.com or 425-385-7028) for assistance. Before your visit you can open sample resumès in Microsoft Word documents (just click "New" and search resume templates).
Camp Counselor Jobs at City of Lynnwood - Applications (check in March/April 2024)
- $17.69-$20.87 per hour
- Must be 18 years of age and have at least 3 months age-appropriate experience working with children, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Must have a WA Driver License
JOB FAIRS (3802 Broadway, Everett, WA): To Be Determined
Lifeguard & Swim Instructors Needed at YMCA's Lifeguard Academy
The YMCA-SNOCO.ORG of Snohomish County will train you as a lifegard, swim instructor, and offers leadership and job skills. NEXT SESSION BEGINS NOVEMBER 5!! This leadership development program will teach students valuable employment and life skills, (how to interview, writing a "Power Statement," CPR/First Aid, etc), give a free YMCA membership, and pay $2 more an hour than other lifeguards!!
YMCA of Snohomish County - Hiring Child Care Assistant Teachers: APPLY @ YMCA-SNOCO.ORG/CAREERS
Do you love kids? Three Child Care Assistant teachers are needed. Positions include free YMCA membership and discounts on programs like personal training and swim lessons!!
- Everett Family YMCA - Everett YMCA Jobs
- Flexible work schedules for Child Care Assistant, Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Referee (APPLICATIONS)
- Cheery, dynamic work environment, professional work and career development
- Free YMCA membership for staff and 20% discount programs and services for staff
Nick of Time Foundation - Hiring 2-3 Helpers ($20 per hour)
Duties: Load and unload EKG equipment from storage unit in Mill Creek (Monday afternoon and Wednesday afternoon/early evening) during the first week of every month from October 2022 through June 2023.
To apply, contact Darla Varrenti, Executive Director, at 425-967-5828 (office) and email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wolfe Plumbing Inc - Apply Today @ www.wolfeplumbinginc.com
- Looking for a career with great pay and on-the-job training? Graduating senior? Wolfe Plumbing is a family run business in Everett with paid vacations and holidays, medical/dental insurance and more.
- Run To Win Coaches - Summer Camps for youth 5-12 ages
- Accepting applications for Assistant Coaches and Head Coaches
- TAILS-A-WAGGIN' Dog & Cat Inn
- Visit 19816 Bothell Everett Highway, Bothell, WA 98012 or call Kat (425-780-8372) for several open positions.
- Chateau Retirement - Apply HERE
- Job openings at four restaurants (wait tables, hosting, doing dishes, cooking)
- Locations in Bothell, Lynnwood, Woodenville, and Renton
- Brooklyn Bros. Pizzeria - Apply HERE
- "We are desperate for workers at all locations, even in Mill Creek, so apply now for up to $20 per hour."
- Chuck E. Cheese JOBS is Hiring in Lynnwood!!
All positions including Kitchen Crew, Cashier, Party Host, and Gameroom Attendant. APPLICATION
- TACO TIME is hiring Crew Members for a busy summer season and safe opening of their dining rooms! APPLY at https://tacotimenw.com/careers/
- Crew Members get: $13.69 to $18 per hour, flexible schedule, free employee shift meals, employee discount
Looking for well-rounded individuals who have a passion for teaching youth about sports in a fun, safe and interactive environment. Students need to be high-energy and responsible leaders focused on providing quality, safe camps and classes. This is a great learning experience for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in coaching, teaching, sport management or enjoy working with kids. SKYHAWKS JOB AD
Jobs on Monster....search for "teen" or "summer teen" jobs
Snagajob Jobs for Teens in Snohomish County
YouthForce Job Search
City of Seattle Jobs for Teens
Alderwood Mall Jobs
Northgate Mall Jobs
Port of Seattle High School Internships
Target, Safeway, Sprouts, McDonald's, Marshalls, The Gap, Hollister, Elevated Sports, Central Market-Mill Creek, Discount Tire Company, Arena Sports, Winco, Portofino, AMC Theaters