The STEP Program is July 23, 30, & Aug. 6, and 13, 9:30am to 1:00pm, and is for grades 9-12. All programming and activities will take place virtually via Zoom. UW School of Pharmacy teachers and students will lead hands-on interactions with phamacists and pharmacy students, giving you an introduction to pharmacy practice and explore many ways a pharmacist can improve a person's health. Program Information is HERE
- Research and Data Science Bootcamp: Students learn how to design and conduct data science research projects. Students learn about the research process and how to apply statistical and machine learning methods to address scientific questions with real-world impact.
- Masterclass Lecture Series: Students are connected to accomplished young adults around the world. Students learn about entrepreneurship from Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients, science research from International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) grand prize winners, and other topics from speakers with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Mentored Research Project: Students complete a research project through a rigorous, hands-on learning experience under the guidance of mentors. Previously, students have worked in a variety of fields, from computational biology to quantum physics.
UW-affiliated Summer Programs – Good for STEM research
– Good for 9-11 grades
Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program– Good for 10-12 grades
INTERNSHIPS - (other internships)
Bank of America (BofA) Charitable Foundation’s Student Leaders Program: Apply by January 29, 2021
To become a student leader, who wants to improve your community, a paid intern, and develop leadership/career/networking skills, check your eligibility (below) and apply:
- High School Junior or Senior and live in King, Snohomish, or Pierce county
- Be able to participate in an 8‐week paid summer internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization and work 35 hours a week
- Be able to participate in a week‐long Student Leadership Summit in Washington, DC (July 12-17, 2021, all expenses paid as part of Student Leaders Program.) This week will be part of your 8‐ week experience.
- Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September 2021
- Be a student in good standing at your school
Washington Global Health Alliance – Camp BIOmed: Biomedical summer camp; Bill & Melinda Gates Discovery Center; Seattle Pacific Science Center
Pathways to Science has an interesting research project