Volunteer Handbook Thank you for sharing your time and experiences to support learning in Everett Public Schools!
- We are transitioning to a fully digital volunteer application process and apologize for any confusion as we update the system.
- The application platform works best via the Chrome web browser.
- Our new application process will be in place by August 1. All volunteers will be required to complete a new application for the 2018-19 school year.
We receive hundreds of applications so processing can take up to two weeks. Planning ahead is a good idea.
If you are unable to apply online, you can also print out and complete the forms linked below or request them from your school. You may turn the forms into your school or mail them to: Sue Perry, Volunteer Services, 3900 Broadway, Everett, WA 98201.
· Volunteer Application & Disclosure Statement forms
· Volunteer Handbook
· Volunteer Policy 5430P | Helps with questions on student volunteering, overnight chaperoning, disclosure statements, etc.
Download forms and Volunteer Handbook in English Espanol Arabic Russian Vietnamese
Background checks are part of the process
School employees each undergo a background check before being authorized to work in schools. Each volunteer candidate's information is also run through a Washington State Patrol background check. Once that check is cleared, schools or departments will contact you about the volunteer opportunities that interest you most.
Once you are cleared, your volunteer application is valid for three years.
Volunteer training is done onsite by a teacher or volunteer coordinator
Most volunteers are interested with helping in their student's classroom and have already contacted the teacher. However, if you are a community member wanting to volunteer, then contact the volunteer coordinator at the school where you want to volunteer. They will show you the school and explain what is expected of you as a volunteer. This is also your chance to ask questions and to learn how your skills can best be put to use. The district Volunteer Handbook is available online, or at your school. Reviewing and understanding the handbook is a requirement of the application process. The handbook includes a volunteer checklist that a staff person at your school can help you complete.
To learn the specifics about opportunities at a certain school, contact the school's volunteer coordinator.
If you are not familiar with nearby schools, click to see the district map to find a school near you.
Contact Sue Perry
425-385-4085 | 425-385-4052 FAX
Everett, WA 98201