Guidelines for eflyer distribution
Once upon a time, district schools sent paper flyers home with students.
Then, in the interest of saving time and conserving resources, paper flyers became eflyers on the Web. Less paper was wasted, and families could find activities for students with a few easy clicks.
Now the business of flyers is getting even better for YOU and for families because we have partnered with Peachjar! Not only will Peachjar send your information directly to families via email, but Peachjar provides templates and tips you can use to make your eflyers more appealing and colorful.
To request eflyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your eflyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online on each school’s homepage.
Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Upload a copy of the sponsoring organization's federal 501(c) status or state not-for-profit status to your account
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below (per policy 4140p).
Your eflyer needs to meet these Everett Public Schools standards:
- We have your application and a copy of your federal 501(c) status or state not-for-profit status.
- The not-for-profit organization stated in the 501(c) document must be on the eflyer.
- Events promote the academic, vocational, or social/civil/cultural growth of students.
- Programs and events are held within Snohomish County.
- Financial assistance or scholarships are prominently displayed and offered for students who cannot afford the services, and scholarship information is clearly explained on the eflyer.
- School names are included only as part of the location information for those events which are held in district schools. (Eflyer information and layout should not imply that because an event is held at a school that the event is endorsed by the school or district.)
Important! Not all families have Internet access. Therefore, each school served by your organization should receive from you a limited number of paper copies as listed below. These numbers are subject to change, check before printing copies for current distribution requirements. Printed flyers need to include the following disclaimer (online eflyers do not need to add this disclaimer, Peachjar automatically adds it. Only PRINTED flyers need this added):
“Everett Public Schools has neither reviewed nor approved the program, personnel, activities or organizations announced in this flier. The participants agree to protect, indemnify, and hold harmless the district, its elected and appointed officials, employees, agents, staff and volunteers, from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, expenses, or rights of action, directly or indirectly attributed to the activities. Permission to distribute this flier should not be considered a recommendation of the program by the school district. This is not a school district sponsored activity.”
Community Free eflyer guidelines per Peachjar:
Yes, Peachjar does charge a fee for its services. Their fee covers their operational costs; none of it goes to the district. However, if your event or service is free, then Peachjar’s Community Free Flyer Program will cover the fees for one Community Free flyer every 30 days for organizations promoting a free charitable program, service or resource where children are the direct beneficiary.
All flyers submitted for free distribution will be reviewed by Peachjar for verification of eligibility and must comply with the following requirements:
- The program, service or resource directly benefits children and does not require participants to qualify, has no enticement for future fee-based programs, and does not serve the purpose of fundraising, collecting donations or allow for the purchase of products or services.
- The organization is not nationally recognized and physically resides within the boundaries of the school district it wishes to distribute to.
- The organization is not receiving fees or revenue from vendors participating in the event.
Submissions are limited to one flyer distribution to one school district every 30 days. If a community organization wishes to distribute to more than one school district or more frequently than every 30 days, the community organization can choose to distribute a standard flyer, subject to Peachjar's fees.
Peachjar reserves the right to determine final eligibility. Contact Peachjar at 858-997-2117 for more information.
Number of copies to be delivered to each school:
Each Middle School
Each High School
Port Gardner Parent Partnership (located at Sequoia High School) 10
QUESTIONS? Please contact Linda Carbajal via email or at 425-385-4041.