Guidelines for eflyer distribution
Once upon a time, district schools sent paper flyers home with students.
Then, in the interest of saving time and conserving resources, paper flyers became eflyers on the Web. Less paper was wasted, and families could find activities for students with a few easy clicks.
Now the business of flyers is getting even better for YOU and for families because we have partnered with Peachjar! Not only will Peachjar send your information directly to families via email, but Peachjar provides templates and tips you can use to make your eflyers more appealing and colorful.
To request eflyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your eflyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online on each school’s homepage.
- Send, or scan and email, a signed eflyer application and a copy of the sponsoring organization's federal 501(c) status or state not-for-profit status. We will keep this on file. (Resubmit only when contact information changes.)
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Yes, Peachjar does charge a fee for its services. Their fee covers their operational cost; none of it goes to the district. Testimony from other organizations in school districts across the state and nation is positive. Even with a fee for their services, the “targeted” service of getting information directly to parents is seen as a benefit.
Your eflyer needs to meet these standards
- We have your application and copy of your federal 501(c) status or state not-for-profit status.
- Events are youth-related or related to youth education.
- Programs and events are held within Snohomish County.
- Financial assistance or scholarships are prominently displayed and offered for students who cannot afford the services, and scholarship information is clearly explained on the eflyer.
- School names are included only as part of the location information for those events which are held in district schools. (Eflyer information and layout should not imply that because an event is held at a school that the event is endorsed by the school or district.)
Important! Not all families have Internet access. Therefore, each school served by your organization should receive from you a limited number of paper copies as listed below. These numbers are subject to change, check before printing copies for current distribution requirements.
Number of copies to be delivered to each school:
Each Middle School
Each High School
Port Gardner Parent Partnership (located at Sequoia High School) 10
QUESTIONS? Please contact Linda Carbajal via email or at 425-385-4041.