Welcome to Communications
The communications department provides timely and relevant information to strengthen connections among families, staff and community. Here are some ways we connect and the tools we use:
Kim Doherty, Administrative Assistant425-385-4210Main line: 425-385-4040Fax: 425-385-40123900 BroadwayEverett, WA 98201
- Media Relations
- For media inquiries, please contact Communications Director Kathy Reeves, email, 425-385-4049
- Family & Emergency notifications (stay informed about school closures and emergencies)
- Stay Connected, Everett Public Schools believes communication with parents and the community is important. This chart will show you the different ways you can regularly keep informed, but particularly during an emergency.
- Mobile App, Everett Public Schools has expanded its communications outreach with a free mobile app that is available in the online iTunes® and Google Play® app stores.
- Social Media
- District website, yourconnection to schools, departments and staff.
- Videos, check out a variety of topics on the district YouTube channel
- Publications (print and electronic)
- InTouch, subscribe to the email newsletter sent about twice a month.
- News Releases, keep up withnews from around the district.
- Our Schools, read the quarterly newsletter mailed to every district resident.
- School year art calendar, printed for every district staff member and family and featuring student art.
- Community Engagement
- Let's Talk. Let's Talk is an online customer experience solution that makes it easy to engage with school and school district leaders on the topics that matter most.
- Chatbot Chet. Located on the right side of every EPS webpage, click the blue 'Chatbot Chet' box and ask a question or contact our team.
- eFlyer Distribution
- Media Relations