Welcome to the School Transfer Information Page

  • Gateway Middle School
    1. Are you interested in attending or continuing to attend an Everett Public School? Learn all about school transfers.


    2. Are you a resident of the Everett Public Schools district, but wish to attend a school/program outside of the district? Learn about district choice.






    Due to the Governor's mandate ordering the closure of all schools in Washington State to halt the spread of the Coronavirus, and the School Board's Resolution 1227 passed on March 17, 2020 granting emergency suspension of district policy, the school transfer office is currently unable to process school transfer requests or school transfer denial appeals.  This means new school transfer requests and school transfer appeals received after March 17, 2020 will not be processed until the mandated closure of schools is rescinded and staff return to regular schedules, currently scheduled for April 27, 2020.  Please continue to submit any inquiries to the school transfer email address so that staff can respond with the appropriate information to assist you.  Thank you.

    3/18/2020 4:00PM


     Transfer Office Hours: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.

    Rachel Otnes, Administrative Assistant
    Phone: 425-385-4070
    Fax: 425-385-4012
    Learning By Choice is a state law about student enrollment options.

    The 25-page booklet about enrollment options in the state of Washington is available online from the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.