High school students in Everett Public Schools may apply for a Physical Education Competency Credit. This opportunity is available to students who cannot complete the state required 1.5 credits of physical education due to other academic responsibilities such as taking remedial courses or advanced courses. Information regarding the PE Competency Credit process can be found below. Details are outlined in the documents linked on this page. For answers to questions, contact your school's physical education teachers.
Basic information and requirements:
- Before proceeding, students MUST meet with the building PE Competency Coordinator. The coordinators are:
- Student must have successfully completed PE 1 before being eligible for a PE Competency Credit.
- PE Competency applications must be pre-approved by the PE Competency Coordinator
- Complete PE Competency Application form in ink.
- Application forms are due as follows:
- Fall: Second Friday in September
- Winter: First Friday in December
- Spring: Second Friday in March
- Student has 2 weeks from the completion of the season/activity to complete and submit the Competency Packet. Season end dates are as follows:
- Fall: Second Friday in November
- Winter: Second Friday in February
- Spring: Second Friday in May
- For the complete list of PE Competency requirements, please refer to the "Competency of Physical Education Credit" page, attached to the application packet.
- Special circumstances may be considered. See PE Competency Coordinator for questions. (ex. health conditions)