High school students in Everett Public Schools may apply for a Physical Education Competency Credit. This opportunity is available to students who cannot complete the state-required 1.5 credits of physical education due to other rigorous academic responsibilities (Running Start, Sno-Isle Skills Center, or a heavy AP academic load). Information regarding the PE Competency Credit process can be found below. For answers to questions, contact your school's physical education teachers.
Basic information and requirements:
- Before proceeding, students MUST meet with the building PE Competency Coordinator to determine student eligibility. The coordinators are:
- Students must have successfully completed PE 1 before being eligible for a PE Competency Credit.
- Students must currently be participating in a sport supervised by a coach.
- PE Competency applications must be pre-approved by the PE Competency Coordinator.
- Students involved in community athletics should complete the needed forms whenever their athletic activity is beginning.
- Complete the PE Competency Application form given to you by your school's PE Competency Coordinator (listed above).
- Application forms are due as follows:
- Fall: Second Friday in September
- Winter: First Friday in December
- Spring: Second Friday in March
- Student has 2 weeks from the completion of the season/activity to complete and submit the Competency Packet. Season end dates are as follows:
- Fall: Second Friday in November
- Winter: Second Friday in February
- Spring: Second Friday in May
- Special circumstances may be considered. See PE Competency Coordinator for questions. (ex. health conditions)
- Students cannot be given retroactive PE credit.