UPDATE: Summer 2020 Internship Information
Your link to emerging talent!
In light of the Governor’s Stay Home Stay Healthy proclamation, the closure of schools through the duration of the school year, and uncertainty of ability to host in-person summer internship programs, Everett Career Link has been redesigned as an online experience for summer 2020.
For summer 2020, Everett Public Schools and the City of Everett have reconceived Everett Career Link as an online course, Career Exploration, Networks, and Mentorships.
Ways for local employers to participate
This credit-bearing course will provide high school students the unique opportunity to engage in career learning up-close while social distancing. Taught by Everett Public Schools teachers, regional employers can contribute to the course through activity such as:
- Virtual worksite tours (pre-recorded)
- Job shadow / day-in-the-life (pre-recorded)
- Panel discussions
- Observe workplace experiences (e.g., observe a meeting)
- Advising student projects
Benefits to employers
- Keep local talent local
- Change lives of youth in our community
- Have a proactive approach to the local talent pipeline
- Gain fresh perspectives
- Foster brand advocates
Everett Public Schools staff, and the Everett Career Link Intermediary will support employers through all program components.
May 4 – June 22:
- Confirm interest in participation
- Complete paperwork (updated / simplified version of internship paperwork)
- Prepare contributions to course
June 29 – August 14:
- Contribute to Career Exploration, Networks, and Mentorships online course
To Learn More
Career Link, STEM-CTE