Responding to Requests for Public Records
Everett Public Schools is committed to responding to all public records requests in a timely manner in accordance with state law (RCW 42.56.520).
Within five business days following receipt of a public records request (excluding holidays), we will do one or more of the following:
- Make the requested records available for inspection; or
- Provide the requested records; or
- Acknowledge receipt of the request and provide a reasonable estimate of when records will be available; or
- Seek clarification if the request is unclear or does not adequately identify the records sought; or
- Deny the request in accordance with state law
Upon notification that responsive records are ready, you may review the records in person at no charge by appointment during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (excluding holidays).Our fees for electronic and/or paper copies can be located on page three of Board Procedure 4340P.Payment of fees are due prior to releasing records. Fees may be paid by check and mailed or delivered in person to the attention of the Public Records Officer, 3900 Broadway, Everett, WA 98201. Alternate payment arrangements can be made between the district and the requester.If we do not hear back from you within 30 days regarding a request for clarification or in response to notification that records are available, we will consider your request to be abandoned and close it without further action at that time.