Everett Public Schools has adopted the Canvas Learning Management System (Canvas LMS) as a method for coordinating online resources.
Canvas equips teachers and students with a dynamic, easily accessible content portal. The course structure allows teachers to pull together a wide range of instructional, assessment and feedback tools to engage students in individualized, small group, and whole-class learning. Staff, students and parents use their IDs or login names and their computer/LMS password.
Select below to learn more about the views and options Canvas offers different users.
Canvas Parent Access
PARENT AND STUDENT ACCESS BEGINS TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
Staff may use Canvas to provide content, host discussions, online quizzes and link out to instructional resources and valuable websites. The best option for parents to view Canvas is through the mobile apps offered in both Android and IOS for parents, students, and teachers.
Logins to the Canvas Parent mobile app and website Canvas version is the LMS guardian login which is the same as the login for Gradebook, Home Access Center, Blackboard Connect, and the district website. If you do not know your LMS log in - please email LMS@everettsd.org.
Listed below are directions for loading the Canvas Parent App onto your device.
Steps for loading Canvas Parent App
- Download Canvas Parent App from phone's store
- Open and select Find my school
- Type in the district: Everett School District 2
- When the name appears in the search field select.
The screen may go white while the application loads.
- Log in using your LMS credentials (same as for Gradebook)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The grades that appear in the Canvas Parent App are not actual course grades. These reflect only items scored within Canvas. Log into the Wazzle Gradebook for course grades.
Canvas Parent Access via Web Browser
The Canvas Parent mobile app with its eases of use and readily accessible information is the simplest tool to use. A more complex option is parent access using the online web version. The view is similar to students but more limited and combines all children into a single view.
NOTE: Everett Public Schools sets up guardian accounts using the information provided to schools. If you would like to update your information in Canvas, please contact your school office and have them update the student information system.
For parents interested in digging deeper into Canvas options - Canvas provides the following guidance for options in place for Everett Public Schools.
- Using global navigation as a parent observer
- Understanding dashboard view as a parent observer
- Using Canvas calendar feature as a parent observer
- Navigating a Canvas course as a parent observer
Other helpful guides.
- Grade view
- NOTE: This is not a student's actual grade but only reflects assignments graded using Canvas
- All courses and managing course view
- NOTE: This view represents a student's complete current and past schedules whether or not an instructor used Canvas. If a course is not being used, it will be unpublished and inaccessible to students as well as parents.
Forgot your LMS login?
Canvas equips teachers and students with a dynamic, easily accessible content portal. The course structure allows teachers to pull together a wide range of instructional, assessment and feedback tools to engage students in individualized, small group, and whole-class learning.
Canvas is used throughout Washington State in K-12 schools as well as technical schools, community colleges and major universities.
Staff, students and parents use their IDs or login names and their computer/LMS password. Students can complete assignments within Canvas or link from their school Office 365 or EPS Google Drive accounts.
Ask your teachers if they use Canvas in their classrooms.
Learn more about Canvas:
Canvas equips teachers with a dynamic, easily accessible content portal. Its course structure allows teachers to pull together a wide range of instructional, assessment and feedback tools to engage students in individualized, small group, and whole-class learning.
Staff, students and parents use their IDs or login names and their computer/LMS password. Using Canvas allows for ease of login and nightly updates to class rosters. Common materials, links to digital platforms and shared resources are set up centrally through course blueprints. Teachers can add resources to Canvas or link from their school Office 365 or EPS Google Drive accounts.
- Elementary: Reading, Math and Science courses are generated by default. Additional courses can be generated by request. Reading is set up for Reach for Reading digital platform access, MyNGConnect.
- Middle School and High School: all scheduled courses are set up automatically for staff. Updates happen nightly to class rosters. Some digital tools and curriculums are centrally linked and others can be set up to connect content to a Canvas course.
- Sandboxes: Each teacher will have a Sandbox that has no student enrollments and allows interested teachers to learn about Canvas course management tools on their own and/or through optional courses.
- District directors and facilitators: Professional learning sessions of Canvas tools and use in blended learning is provided throughout the year.
Learn more about Canvas:
- Logging into Canvas
- Course Navigation
- Course Settings