Canvas Parent Access
Everett Public Schools has adopted the Canvas Learning Management System (Canvas LMS) as a method for coordinating online resources and instruction for students and managing annoucements.
Primary users for this tool are at our high schools though we continue to more staff adopting Canvas in our middle and elementary schools. With the growth in use of this platform, Learning Management Services is connecting current guardians using their LMS log in as observers within Canvas.
Logins to the Canvas Parent mobile app and website Canvas version is the LMS guardian login which is the same as the login for Gradebook, Home Access Center, Blackboard Connect, and the district website. If you do not know your LMS log in - please email LMS@everettsd.org.
Forgotton your LMS login?
Canvas Parent App
Staff may use Canvas to provide content, host discussions, online quizzes and link out to instructional resources and valuable websites. The best option for parents to view Canvas is through the mobile apps offered in both Android and IOS for teachers, students, and parents.
The log in for the Canvas Parent App will be the parent's LMS login which is also used for Gradebook, Home Access Center, Blackboard Connect, and the district website. If you do not know your LMS log in - please email LMS@everettsd.org.
Listed below are directions for loading the Canvas Parent App onto your device.
Steps for loading Canvas Parent App
- Download Canvas Parent App from phone's store
- Open and select Find my school
- Type in the district: Everett School District 2
- When the name appears in the search field select.
The screen may go white while the application loads.
- Log in using your LMS credentials (same as for Gradebook)
If your child's teacher is not using Canvas, there may not be any information. IMPORTANT NOTE: The grades that appear in the Canvas Parent App are not actual course grades. These reflect only items scored within Canvas. Log into the Wazzle Gradebook for course grades.
Canvas Parent Access via Web Browser
The Canvas Parent mobile app with its eases of use and readily accsible information is the simplest tool to use. A more complex option is parent access using the online web version. The view is similar to students but more limited and combines all children into a single view.
The link for staff, students, and parents is the same URL https://everettsd.instructure.com/ or accessible through the Student Tools or Parent Tools pages.
One time set up of notifications through emails will provide more directed information from the website version of Canvas.
NOTE: Everett Public Schools sets up guardian accounts using information provided to schools. If you would like to update your information in Canvas, please contact your school office and have them update the student information system.
For parents interested in digging deeper into Canvas options - Canvas provides the following guidance for options in place for Everett Public Schools.
- Using global navigation as a parent observer
- Understanding dashboard view as a parent observer
- Using Canvas calendar feature as a parent observer
- Navigating a Canvas course as a parent observer
Other helpful guides.
- Grade view
- NOTE: This is not a student's actual grade but only reflects assignments graded using Canvas
- All courses and managing course view
- NOTE: This view represents a student's complete current and past schedules whether or not an instructor used Canvas. If a course is not being used, it will be unpublished and inaccessible to students as well as parents.