Everett Public Schools utilizes Canvas Learning Management System (Canvas LMS) for coordinating online resources. Canvas equips teachers and students with a dynamic, easily accessible content portal. The course structure allows teachers to pull together a wide range of instructional, assessment and feedback tools to engage students in individualized, small group, and whole-class learning.
Parents have Observer view and have two ways to access Canvas:
1. Access via the web browser, click on the blue icon labeled Canvas Parent. Logging in to the website version of Canvas gives parents a full view of the course and allows for setting up notifications.
2. Access via the Canvas Parent App, watch videos below for set-up and navigation.
Setting-up Canvas Parent App
Navigating Canvas Parent App
Parent's access to Canvas is the same login credentials use in Gradebook and Home Access Center. If you do not know your username and/or password, please open a Tech Support Ticket with your name, student name(s), student ID# and/or DOB, school they attend and your email on file with the school.
Steps for loading the Canvas Parent App
- Download Canvas Parent App from phone's store
- Open and select Find my school
- Type in the district: Everett School District 2 (Parents)
- When the name appears in the search field - select from the list.
The screen may go white while the application loads.
- Log in using your LMS guardian credentials (same as used for Gradebook and Home Access Center).
IMPORTANT NOTE: The grades that appear in the Canvas Parent App are not actual course grades. These reflect only items scored within Canvas. Log into the Wazzle Gradebook for course grades.
Canvas Parent Access via Web Browser
For parents interested in digging deeper into Canvas options - Canvas provides the following guidance for options in place for Everett Public Schools.
- Using global navigation as a parent observer
- Understanding dashboard view as a parent observer
- Using Canvas calendar feature as a parent observer
- Navigating a Canvas course as a parent observer
Other helpful guides: