Fall 2020 Planning
Fall Student Re-entry Community Engagement Plan and Timeline
While we are all hopeful that Snohomish County will be in the final phase of recovery and re-opening come Fall 2020, we cannot be certain at this point. We hope to start 100% in-person education in the Fall, but we must develop a contingency plan preparing to provide a robust alternative learning experience for students both inside and outside the physical classroom setting in the event we cannot meet the DOH guidelines.
Three committees were formed to prepare this work and determine what is feasible for the fall in addition to various contingencies. The committees are comprised of parents, teachers, staff and district leaders. The three committees are:
- Operations, and
- Human Resources
Engagement with our families, staff and students is vital as we plan for various options in the fall. Our engagement plan involves:
- Community surveys:
- April 2020 survey on distance learning results
- June 23, 2020 survey on distance learning results
- June 29 fall planning survey - results pending
- Community Forums for input via Zoom June 25 and 30 - results pending
Community engagement is in process and committees started meeting at the end of June. The committees will report back to the re-entry leadership team at the end of July in order to a recommendation to be made to the Board of Directors in early August.
June 23, 2020 announcement “community feedback for fall planning”
State & Federal Guidelines
- Reopening Washington Schools 2020, OSPI's planning guide.
- Q & A on Reopening Washington Schools 2020, OSPI
- Phased Reopening of K-12 Schools, Governor Inslee's proclamation.
- Safe Start Washington, Governor Inslee's phased Reopening Plan.
- COVID-19 Guidance & Resources, OSPI
- WIAA COVID Guidance, WIAA
- Considerations for Schools, CDC