2022 Educational Programs and Operations Replacement Levy
The Replacement Educational Programs and Operations (EP&O) Levy, Proposition 1 on the ballot, is a 4-year levy. The funds will be collected in 2023 - 2026 and account for approximately 14% of Everett Public School's general fund revenue.
Levy funds enrichment and underfunded state basic education including:
• Additional guidance and mental health counseling services, nurses, health room assistants, staff mentors, and positive behavior coaches
• Special education services
• Student transportation
• Safety and security
• Extra-curricular clubs, sports, and activities
• Additional program offerings such as summer school, early learning, elementary dual language, choice programs, orchestra, family partnerships, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
• Costs over state funding for staff and substitutes
What is the community investment for the replacement EP&O levy?
- The Education Programs and Operations Levy is a 4-year renewal tax, replacing the current levy voters approved in 2018. Everett Public School voters have supported school levies for more than four decades.
- The proposed renewal levy rate is $2.20 per $1,000 of assessed property value (AV). This is an increase of 27 cents per $1,000 AV.
- Our local funding makes up 13.7 percent of our current revenue. The EP&O Levy is a large part of this funding, and failure will mean significant reductions in staff, programs and services for students.
- 2023 - $65,500,000 at a rate of $2.20 per $1,000 AV
- 2024 - $67,000,000 at a rate of $2.15 per $1,000 AV
- 2025 - $69,000,000 at a rate of $2.14 per $1,000 AV
- 2026 - $71,000,000 at a rate of $2.14 per $1,000 AV