In the 2015-16 school year, Everett Public Schools began offering world language testing to students in grades 7-12 to provide an opportunity to earn high school credit by demonstrating fluency in reading, writing, speaking, and listening in a language other than English. Students earning the maximum credits (4) are also eligible for the Seal of Biliteracy. The Seal of Biliteracy is earned when the student fulfills their English graduation requirements and has earned the maximum credits (4) on the World Language Assessment. Students who earn the Seal of Biliteracy will have their biliteracy indicated on their transcript and special honors at graduation.
Students may test annually at their school in the language of their choice. Families are encouraged to register as soon as possible to allow ample time for Assessment staff to locate an appropriate language test in the language of your choice.
Learn more about the World Language Assessment: Frequently Asked Questions.
- ةغللا ناقتإ ىلع لادلا يملاعلا يوغللا دامتعلاا ةرركتملا ةلئسلأا 2023-24
- World Language Credit for Proficiency Frequently Asked Questions 2023-24
- Kredit kin Melele Juon Ian Kajin ko ilo Lal In Kajjitōk ko Rekut 2023-24
- Зачет по оценке уровня владения иностранным языком Часто задаваемые вопросы 2023-2024
- Crédito de idioma mundial por competencia Preguntas frecuentes 2023-24
- Tín chỉ ngôn ngữ quốc tế cho trình độ thông thạo Các câu hỏi thường gặp 2023-24
Please note that these are not limited to the languages in which the WLA is offered.