Natural Leaders serve as multi-cultural bridges between students, families, communities, and schools.
Natural Leaders are multi-cultural families who want to learn more about the education system to support partnerships between families, communities, and schools.
They are leaders in their community that work as a team with family advocates, family support centers, and school staff to:
- Build relationships with families
- Listen to families ideas on how to help their children be successful in school
- Bring families and schools together to plan/implement the families' ideas
How the Natural Leaders Program Works:
- Currently, our online training academy consists of a 1.5-hour session, once per week, for 5 weeks. The training academy is held twice per year at this time.
- These trainings are open to school staff and parents; however, parent leadership will be centered.
- Natural Leaders training highlights effective collaboration between families and staff.
- Parents become empowered through leadership and social-emotional learning. They then work together to implement them into their school communities. Staff learn ways to center intercultural families and let them take the lead.
- For more information on how to get started, see our downloadable Natural Leaders One Pager