Kindergarten Program Opportunities in Everett Public Schools
The Lighthouse Elementary Cooperative is a K-5 choice school located at Jefferson Elementary, built on parent involvement in the classrooms. For more information visit their website at www.lighthousecoop.org or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by midnight on March 31, 2022.
Port Gardner Parent Partnership is a K-12 choice school where parents partner with certificated staff in teaching their children both at home and onsite. Port Gardner School is located adjacent to Sequoia High School. For more information, complete the Port Gardner Interest Form, call 425-385-5150 or visit their website.
Everett Virtual Academy (EVA) is a 100% remote learning program for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. The program is designed to engage students in grade level content and learning standards through a combination of live, synchronous learning (minimum of 70% of student schedule) and asynchronous, independent learning. Students are required to attend live, instructional blocks through Zoom and to access online curriculum and resources through Canvas. Additional live small group time may be scheduled by the classroom teacher. If you would like your child to attend kindergarten at EVA, please enroll at your neighborhood school and then submit a school transfer request.
Emerson Elementary (only) - Dual Language Spanish Immersion Program l Programa de Inmersión Dual en Español
- Everett’s Dual Language Spanish Immersion program is a neighborhood-based program. Priority for admission will be given first to incoming kindergarten students who live within the boundaries of Emerson Elementary.
- Children with siblings currently in the program will be given first consideration as long as a balanced classroom can be maintained with regard to language.
- Children from other Everett Public Schools elementary schools (outside of Emerson boundaries) will be considered if space allows.
- Students are chosen by lottery and ranked on a wait list, based on the criteria. All families are notified within two weeks of the lottery.
- Please complete the online application or return paper application to Emerson Elementary – 8702 7th Avenue SE, Everett, WA 98208.
- Applications are due by 3:30pm on Thursday, March 31, 2022.
Choosing a different school
If you are interested in having your child attend kindergarten at a school that is outside of your designated neighborhood (residence) school attendance area, please view the School Transfer information on the district website at http://www.everettsd.org/schooltransfers or call 425-385-4070.
Intradistrict transfer requests for the 2022-23 school year will be accepted between January 3 and June 1, which is the application acceptance timeline. Notification of intradistrict transfer approval or denial may not come until the end of August, just before school begins. Parent must provide transportation for kindergarten programs outside of their designated school area. Please note: Due to high enrollment, many elementary schools are closed to school transfers. Check the district school transfer website for the most current list of schools that are accepting transfer request submissions.
Kindergarten intradistrict school transfer forms should be completed online using the Online School Transfer Application Form. A paper form is available on request and should be completed and submitted directly to the school you are requesting to attend. While you are waiting for a determination, please enroll your child at your neighborhood school.