Kindergarten Program Opportunities in Everett Public Schools
The state of Washington funds full-day kindergarten at all elementary schools within the district. The instructional day is 6 hours 15 minutes and provides time for extended learning experiences.All Everett kindergarten programs participate in WaKIDS: Washington Kindergarten Inventory of Developing Skills. WaKIDS is a process for welcoming students and their families to kindergarten, and for assessing children's strengths and development. During the first three days of the school year, each family - children and parents/guardians - participates in a Family Connection conference with the teacher. The meeting provides time for the teacher to get to know the student and family as they begin the kindergarten year. More information about WaKIDS is included in the registration packet.Other kindergarten program options:
The Lighthouse Cooperative is a K-5 choice school located at Jefferson Elementary, built on parent involvement in the classrooms. For more information visit their website at www.lighthousecoop.org or email them at email@example.com.
Port Gardner Parent Partnership is a choice school that provides support for home school families, and is located adjacent to Sequoia High School. For more information, call 425-385-5150 or visit their website.
Choosing a different schoolIf you are interested in having your child attend kindergarten at a school that is outside of your designated neighborhood (residence) school attendance area, please view the School Transfer Information Page, or call 425-385-4070.Please note:
- Notification of school transfer approval or denial may not come until the end of August, just before school begins.
- Parents must provide transportation for kindergarten programs outside their neighborhood school area.
- Due to high enrollment, many elementary schools are closed to school transfers. Check the list of schools closed to transfer for the most current list of schools that are accepting transfer request submissions.
To request a school transfer for kindergarten:
- At your neighborhood school, you must:
Register for kindergarten
- At the school you are requesting to attend, you must:
Submit a school transfer request