Welcome to Health Services
Everett Public School’s Health Services Department is strongly committed to student health and well-being. A child who is not healthy is unlikely to be alert, attentive, and ready to learn (NASN, 2002).
Everett Public Schools has school nurses who provide a variety of nursing services. The nursing services provided are increasingly important as more and more students are attending school with severe and life-threatening medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes, food allergies, injuries, and birth defects.
School nursing, a specialized practice of public health nursing, protects and promotes student health, facilitates normal development, and advances academic success. School nurses, grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice, are the leaders that bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to design systems that allow individuals and communities to develop their full potentials (NASN, 2016b). The school nurse provides the expertise to identify, assess, plan, implement and evaluate the health needs of the school community.
Our Comprehensive School Health Services includes:
Student Support Services Health Services Supervisor
- Preventative and early identification services including screening programs for vision and hearing
- Emergency care for illness and injuries, and referral
- Management of acute and chronic health conditions
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Management and monitoring of communicable diseases
- Immunization compliance
- Partnering with parents and school community to promote wellness and prevention
- Supporting a healthy school environment which includes a safe physical and psychological environment
Everett, WA 98201