Submission of Interest Forms is open till Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Transitional Kindergarten is for children who are not currently in an early learning program and are scheduled to begin kindergarten in the fall of 2024. This program will focus on foundational academic, social and self-help skills to jumpstart qualifying students toward success in school.
The Transitional Kindergarten classrooms will be located at several of the elementary schools in our district. Sites will be determined based on enrollment and space. Qualifying students might not attend Transitional Kindergarten at their home school.
Transitional Kindergarten program starts on Wednesday, January 31, 2024, and runs through the last day of school, Thursday, June 20, 2024. Family Connection Meetings will be held on Friday, January 26, Monday & Tuesday, January 29 & 30, 2024.
To be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, children must:
- be 5 years old by August 31, 2024
- live within the boundaries of Everett Public Schools
- not be currently enrolled in an early learning program, such as: licensed childcare, preschool, co-op preschool, ECEAP, Head Start, etc. (full or part-time)
- demonstrate academic and/or social-emotional needs through a screening process
Enrollment for Transitional Kindergarten begins with the submission of an Interest Form which is followed by a screening. The screening is an assessment used to determine your child's developmental strengths and needs. During this time, your child will engage one-on-one with the screening proctor for a variety of games and activities:
- Screening will be held in late November and early December (before winter break).
- The deadline to receive/accept the Interest Form is Tuesday, December 12, 2023.
- Qualifying students will be placed in Transitional Kindergarten schools/classrooms, their transportation routes set up (for students eligible for transportation), and their Family Connection Meetings scheduled in early January.
For questions or assistance, please contact Amritha Imandi, Administrative Assistant: (425) 385-4024 or AImandi@everettsd.org
- ECEAP page to learn about preschool opportunities for which your child may qualify.
- Transportation page (Quicklinks: 2023-2024 Find My School & Route) to find your student's home school.
Note: to view the page in another language, click on 'Translate Language' at the top right of the screen and select your language.
Please click here to complete the interest form.