In Everett Public Schools, kindergarten starts with Everett Ready
Everett Ready is a transition program offered in August for all students preparing to enter kindergarten in September.
It provides an opportunity for students to become familiar with the school campus, the staff, and their kindergarten peers. The program supports positive, consistent experiences for all children and families with time and space to learn school routines and practices.
- offers a safe environment before the start of school and the arrival of students in grades 1-5
- offers a welcoming introduction to elementary school for families and students, relieving many first-day anxieties
- provides school staff with critical information about students’ strengths and learning needs, allowing planning for individualized instruction
- gives families an opportunity to meet staff, discuss kindergarten readiness and receive educational support around helping their students become school-ready
- provides an opportunity to connect students with necessary district resources
- provides an opportunity to begin collecting student data around kindergarten readiness.
Everett Ready flyer and registration form for the summer of 2023 will be available soon.
We are looking forward to meeting you and your child in August.
For more information, contact our Early Learning department at 425-385-4290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Department's main contact number: 425-385-4024.