Transitional Kindergarten classrooms for the fall of 2023 are full!
Transitional Kindergarten is for children who are not currently in an early learning program and are scheduled to begin kindergarten in the fall of 2023. This program will focus on foundational academic, social and self-help skills to jumpstart qualifying students toward success in school.
The Transitional Kindergarten classrooms will be located at several of the elementary schools in our district. Sites will be determined based on enrollment. Transitional Kindergarten will start on Monday, January 30, 2023 and will run through the last day of school, which is currently June 22, 2023.
To be eligible for Transitional Kindergarten, children must:
- be 5 years old by August 31, 2023
- live within the boundaries of Everett Public Schools
- not be currently enrolled in an early learning program
- demonstrate academic and/or social-emotional needs through a screening process
The screening is an assessment used to determine your child's developmental strengths and needs. During this time, your child will draw, count, name colors, jump and have fun!
For questions or assistance, please email:
- Teghan Grothaus, Transitional Kindergarten teacher: TGrothaus@everettsd.org or
- Amritha Imandi, Administrative Assistant: AImandi@everettsd.org
Please visit our ECEAP page to learn about preschool opportunities that your child may also qualify for.
Note: to view the page in another language, click on 'Translate Language' at the top right of the screen and select your language.
Please click here to complete the interest form.