A GUIDE TO STUDENT INTERNSHIPS
Thank you for considering Everett Public Schools for your student internship!
Our district has a centralized placement program that includes, student teachers, counselors, social workers, OT/PT’s, Psychologists, and speech/ language pathologists. Our placement guidelines include an approval process to ensure that interns are paired with mentors for the best internship experience possible.
Participating as a mentor in our district will give you the unique opportunity to make a difference in our students’ lives and our community.
We look forward to assisting you on your journey to becoming a certified educator or specialist in Washington State.
To help manage this process efficiently, students and university coordinators will work with Human Resources, and are asked not to contact the school and /or mentors directly.
PREREQUISITES FOR PLACEMENTS
- A pre-residency certificate on file with OSPI (student teachers, and counselors, and others when applicable)
- Fingerprints on file with OSPI
- A valid affiliation agreement
The human resources department must have mutually executed affiliation agreements with each university prior to the placement of interns. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- University supervisors/coordinators or students will complete the Student Intern Placement Form.
(Placements with multiple components (SPED, ELL, others, etc., require 2 separate forms).
- University supervisors/coordinators or students will send their resume and introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources works with administrators and department directors to create a select list of recommended mentors.
- Potential mentors are contacted and provided with information about the student intern.
- A 30-minute virtual meeting is scheduled which includes the intern/student teacher, potential mentor, principal, and the university coordinator. This meeting is held to review requirements and goals, and to ensure that the potential placement is a good fit. It does not, however, guarantee placement.
- A welcome and placement confirmation email will be sent to the student and all involved parties once a mentor is confirmed.
These internships are reserved for current Everett Public Schools staff. For staff interested in applying, email or call Jean Hanson in Human Resources at email@example.com, or 425-385-4103.
COUNSELING AND SOCIAL WORKER INTERNSHIPS
These internships follow the same procedures as listed above.
For more information or questions about dietetic internships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCCUPATIONAL/PHYSICAL THERAPIST OT/PT INTERNSHIPS
SPEECH /LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (SLP) INTERNSHIPS
These internships follow the same procedures as listed above. For additional questions related to these placements, please email SpecialServices@everettsd.org.
CURRENT EVERETT PUBLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEES
Current Everett Public School employees seeking student internship placement must apply for a leave of absence for any hours that they are away from their paid position. Leave of absence requests must be approved by your building administrator and human resources. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
INTERN SUBSTITUTE CERTIFICATE
This certificate permits student teachers to substitute for the mentoring teacher ONLY. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMERGENCY SUBSTITUTE CERTIFICATE
This certificate permits student teachers to substitute for any teacher in their assigned building. (Approval varies depending on program.) The student must have a bachelor’s degree to obtain this certificate. For more information, email email@example.com.